There are currently 3 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Anguilla. Update here. 1 test is pending and 13 have been negative.
We will be keeping this page up to date with relevant COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates as they pertain to Anguilla. In these unprecedented times, Louise and I both send you all of our love. We hope to sea you soon, and in the meantime, please see below for updates.
As it stands today, Apr. 2 @12pm EST, changes are as follows...
Travel & Related Information
The Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados is coordinating with the commercial carrier - Seaborne Airlines (Silver Airways) – to facilitate additional commercial flights from Anguilla (AXA) to San Juan (SJU), Puerto Rico (U.S.A.) on Saturday, April 4, 2020 for the purpose of repatriating U.S. citizens.
- We urge U.S. citizens (and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents) wishing to travel to the U.S. to contact this airline directly and immediately make a booking on their website silverairways.com or by calling (801)401-9103 or emailing ResGroupBookings@silverairways.com. At this time, there are no additional flight options after April 4, 2020. U.S. citizens who choose not to take these flights on April 4, 2020 should be prepared to remain in Anguilla until restrictions on passenger movements are lifted. Onward travel options from San Juan to mainland U.S. should be made as soon as possible with available commercial airlines operating out of San Juan and is the responsibility of the passenger.
- Please do *not* contact the U.S. Embassy to make a flight reservation.
- Note: MUST hold a US passport and or resident alien card. Passengers are responsible for paying the airline directly. Passengers must fill in this evacuation form.
- Further details here.
Anguilla Ports: All Anguilla ports are closed for two weeks as of Friday, Mar. 20 at 11:59pm. The period of closure will be extended by a further 14 days. However, we are considering lifting this restriction to allow for a very small window of opportunity for those who wish to leave Anguilla to do so. Update here
- All persons arriving in Anguilla who have traveled outside of the Caribbean Region within the last 14 days, will be quarantined for 14 days on their arrival. A judgement will be made on arrival by health professionals if this can be self-quarantine or in a government run health facility.
Additional Measures in Anguilla: As of Mar. 27, new measures will be put in place to keep Anguilla safe.
- Non-essential workplaces will close (including bars).
- Public gatherings are prohibited.
- Restaurants who choose to stay open will be take-out only.
- All persons will be required to stay home - unless providing essential services, or seeking medical care, obtaining fuel, food or banking.
- Full report here.
- Further clarification here.
Essential Services Info
- Best Buy is open 7am-6pm, Monday-Sunday. The store opens 6am-7am on Wednesdays and Fridays to allow our senior citizens (60 years and older) and pregnant women to shop.
- Lake's Home Decor, Lake's Do It Best, Western Union and Albert's Marketplace are closed until Apr. 14.
- Proctor's is closed.
- Paramount Pharmacy open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily except on Sundays when it will be from 2pm to 6pm.
- Hughes Medical Centre is closed until Apr. 15.
- West End Clinic is closed. South Hill Clinic and Welches Polyclinic are open as usual.
- Inland Revenue is closed.
St. Maarten (SXM)
- As of Sunday, Mar. 22 no one, including residents, will be permitted entry into St. Maarten. Update here.
- French side restaurants & bars are closed. More via Jeff Berger's MySXM.
- Dutch side businesses that provide non-essential business are closed. More via The Daily Herald.
- St. Maarten currently has 16 cases of COVID-19.
- St. Martin currently has 22 cases of COVID-19.
- Cap Juluca is closed.
- CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa and The Reef is closed.
- Four Seasons is closed.
- Frangipani is closed.
- Malliouhana is closed.
- Manoah is closed.
- Paradise Cove is closed.
- Quintessence is closed.
- Shoal Bay Villas is closed.
- Zemi Beach House is closed.
Restaurants - Open For Take Out
- da'Vida Bayside Grill. Full post here.
- Elvis’ Beach Bar: Serving food to-go from 11:00am-10:00pm with some GREAT food specials...
- $10 burgers, fish sandwiches and/or hotdogs with French fries for only $10.
- 2 for 1 taco plates! Get a Double Taco Plate for the price of a Single Taco Plate! Taco Plates start at $14 and can feed 2 people.
- Ember is open for take out and delivery is available. Take out and delivery info here.
- Johnno's is open Thursday - Sunday.
- Lime Keel House
- Roy's is open for take out Tuesday-Friday for lunch and dinner, also with a family style dining menu. Breakfast also on Saturday & Sunday. For updates and specials, check out their Facebook page here.
- Tasty's is open with a new delivery/take out menu. BBQ is also available Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Restaurants - Closed
- Ben's Pit Stop
- Blanchards Restaurant and Blanchards Beach Shack. How to support the Blanchards family.
- da'Vida's main restaurant
- Dolce Vita
- E's Oven
- JULIANS at Quintessence is closed from 11:59pm Friday, March 20, through April 3.
- Le Bon Pain
- Lit Lounge
- Mary's Bakery
- Ocean Echo
- Palm Grove
- Scilly Cay
- Straw Hat. How to support the Straw Hat family during this period.
- Sunshine Shack
- The Place
- Trattoria Tramonto
- AnguillArts' paint parties have been postponed. Full post here.
- Heritage Collection Museum is closed until further notice.
- Tradition Sailing: If you need to re-book, please see below.
Due to restrictions on travel and personal choices, we have been busy handling cancellations and rebooking. Guests who'd booked in advance will be issued a gift card to go on their Tradition sail at any time in the future. We are so thankful to be able to maintain the business this way during these challenging times. The amount of understanding and love from those looking forward to a future sail with us in Anguilla, from those we know and those we've yet to meet in person, has been heartwarming. We'd just like to say thank you and we truly can't wait to have a smooth sail with you all in the future ❤️ Full post here.
- Festival Del Mar is canceled.
Boutiques / Shops
- Bijoux Boutique Sandy Ground is open Monday to Friday 12pm to 6pm. The Shoal Bay location is closed for now.
- The Butchery is open Tuesday-Thursday from 12-2pm for pick up. Pre-order only: 264-476-4476. Follow their Facebook page here for updates.
- Coral Reef Book Store is closed for now.
- Grand Vins de France is open on a reduced schedule. Schedule here.
- Irie Life is closed for the time being.
- Limin' Boutique is closed for the time being.
- Napa's regular hours have been changed to 8am-1pm.
- Simply Natural is closed until Apr. 10.
- FunTime is closed for now.