by Sue P
Like you, Nori, I find myself missing Anguilla. Here is my list of top reasons:
1. The best beaches in the world
2. The most beautiful people you'd ever want to meet and call friends.
3. Tropical sunset bar and restaurant on shoal bay beach. Not only do I miss Selma and all the girls but those ribs "out of this world." They don't even have to ask me what I'm having they already know. By the way, the rum punch is also great I definitely have too many of them in a week.
4. You can't visit anguilla without the Ferry staff welcoming you back home.
5. Elvis and his beach bar boat. He has to be one of the most colorful,friendly bar/restaurant owners we have ever met.You might not be there for a year and when he see's you it's like you have never left.
6. Last but not least, the wonderful private home that we have rented every time we have visited has the most beautiful young lady that takes care of our every need. Bev has not only taken us in as family, we feel that she is part of our family.
7. The one thing that we love the most is just to rent a car and explore every inch of Anguilla. We have enjoyed all the beaches and as many of the beach restaurants as possible.
We are counting the day till our next visit.
Nori's Reply: Sue, that's a superb list. As I read your list, it comes back over and over to the beaches, and the restaurants/bars that are on them. There are so many, from Elvis's to Nat's to Straw Hat and da'Vida.
Each is a different experience. We've visited quite a few Caribbean Islands and I can't think of one like Anguilla, with so many and varied beach bars/restaurants.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Missing The Best Caribbean Island.